As usual, I can only tell you my own findings. This list only applies to takeout or restaurant food. If you are using this to buy Chinese food from a store then remember to always check to packet!
So, the definitely safe list:
- Prawn toast
- Vegetable spring rolls (probably the meant ones too) but NOT the dip!!
- Prawn crackers
- Duck and pancakes, although not the veg or the sauce that usually comes with them.
- All varieties of rice (fried and boiled), unless you know it is going to have a veg with citric acid in it. In general they don't.
- Noodles (depending in the sauce!)
- Sweet chilli beef
- *insert favourite meat* and cashew nut
- *insert favourite meat* in black bean sauce
- Chicken satay